Genetic genealogy is a tool that has people uploading their DNA to databases so that they can find long lost relatives and make new connections. What has been making the news more recently is the fact that some public databases cooperate with law enforcement agencies...
In a sexual assault case, sometimes the defence is that it didn't happen at all. In other cases, the accused agrees that the sexual activity happened but says that it was consensual. However, these are not the only two defences to a charge of sexual assaults. In some...
In one of New Brunswick most high profile criminal cases, Dennis Oland was convicted of second-degree murder in December 2015 of his father Richard Oland. Oland was sentenced to life in prison and no chance of parole for 10 years. Oland appealed the decision and was...
The Harper government is continuing its tough on crime stance with a move to put more individuals convicted of murder behind bars with no chance of parole. The government is introducing legislation that would mean life with no chance of parole for "especially...
- Announcements (1)
- Appeals (3)
- Assault (5)
- Bail (5)
- Charter Of Rights And Freedoms (5)
- Child Porn And Luring (9)
- Corona Virus (1)
- Criminal Harassment (1)
- Domestic Offences (14)
- Driving Offences (34)
- Drug Offences (17)
- Firearms (8)
- Fraud (1)
- Mental Health (1)
- Murder (2)
- Occupational Health And Safety (1)
- Pardons (1)
- Prostitution (2)
- Sentencing (7)
- Sexual Assault (27)
- Terrorism (1)
- Trials (13)
- Voyeurism (2)
- Youth (27)
- Government Introduces Bill to Get Rid of Mandatory Minimum for Firearms Offences
- Using Text Messages from the Complainant at a Sexual Assault Trial
- Police Need Warrant to Seize Airbag Control Module in Dangerous Driving Case
- How much trouble can a teen get into for cyberbullying?
- Government Introduces Bill to Get Rid of Mandatory Minimum for Drug Offences