If you have been charged with a sexual offence, the consequences of a conviction can be serious. In all but the most minor of offences, some form of jail sentence is likely to be imposed. The length of the sentence can vary. In cases of date rape, the sentence is...
In this day and age cameras are everywhere. Pictures and videos can easily be taken on a smart phone at any given moment. Surveillance video, whether on a commercial premise or for home security, is everywhere. But when does filming become a crime? The offence of...
Two people meet at a party. The drinks are flowing. They are both buzzing and their inhibitions are lowered. Sex occurs that night but the next morning one of the two says she didn't consent. The police become involved and show up the other person's house to arrest...
The recent acquittal of Jian Ghomesi on a number of sexual assault counts against multiple complainants has sparked headlines around the country. The fallout of the acquittals has left many expressing disappointment with the justice system, and expressing anger over...
A bill before the House, entitled the Tougher Penalties for Child Predators Act, will, if passed, change the repercussions for people convicted of sexual assault. While there currently exists a sex offender registry is kept confidential with police and the Ministry...
- Announcements (1)
- Appeals (3)
- Assault (5)
- Bail (5)
- Charter Of Rights And Freedoms (5)
- Child Porn And Luring (9)
- Corona Virus (1)
- Criminal Harassment (1)
- Domestic Offences (14)
- Driving Offences (34)
- Drug Offences (17)
- Firearms (8)
- Fraud (1)
- Mental Health (1)
- Murder (2)
- Occupational Health And Safety (1)
- Pardons (1)
- Prostitution (2)
- Sentencing (7)
- Sexual Assault (27)
- Terrorism (1)
- Trials (13)
- Voyeurism (2)
- Youth (27)
- Government Introduces Bill to Get Rid of Mandatory Minimum for Firearms Offences
- Using Text Messages from the Complainant at a Sexual Assault Trial
- Police Need Warrant to Seize Airbag Control Module in Dangerous Driving Case
- How much trouble can a teen get into for cyberbullying?
- Government Introduces Bill to Get Rid of Mandatory Minimum for Drug Offences